Thursday, February 20, 2014

Space Themed Room

What better way to start off my new blog than with some pictures of my space themed classroom? After having to cutback on my classroom creativity last year in middle school (I had a creative room, just not too cute-sy for my 'grown-up' students. ;)), I let loose this year! I chose a space theme, and after many Google and Pinterest searches, I came up with this. The students LOVE it, and it makes for a fun learning environment, which is one of my must-haves as a teacher.
 
There are 9 paper lanterns: 8 planets and a sun. :) 


 
The green containers are for their Moon Rocks, which they earn for exceptional behavior.


(Ignore the random capital letters and lack of apostrophe...I ran out of letters)


The students are working towards reading a certain number of pages, and their rockets move through the layers of the atmosphere as they read more. Can you tell I'm a science geek?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment